Saturday 16 July 2011

New Blog!

Ever since I became a mommy, I haven't been able to keep in touch with many of my friends, and I hope that this blog will help me do that. I hope that I continue to smoothly transition into my role of motherhood, so that I can start keeping in touch with my friends more often. (If you're reading this, you probably know who you are <3).



Being a new mom is definitely difficult. I've had to learn how to overcome my lack of self-confidence and trust that I will learn how to take care of this new little person in my husband's and my life. I think that this is one of the biggest changes that I have had to make in my life. It's been a positive one though, one little smile from Noah makes all the sleepless nights worth it.

Over the last few months, I've tried making so many new things, and I've done many new crafts. I guess I've become more crafty because I like to de-stress by making things. It still amazes me that yarn can turn into literally anything you want, and that pieces of fabric can be sewn together to make a plethora of things. Apparently, you can even crochet a smart car. (http://www.treehugger.com/crocheted-smart-car.jpg) 

Check this blog out, if you don't believe me: http://whatnottocrochet.wordpress.com/ Be warned...some of these things aren't very pg-rated. 

Some of my crafts have turned out well, and some things ended up in the garbage. I'm starting a new blog mostly to share my crafty adventures, as well as to keep my friends updated... so here goes! 

Today I sewed my husband a phone case for his beloved android phone... love the pirate themed fabric. It's padded with fleece and lined with fuzzy fabric. It even has a pocket on the front for cards.



I have other crafts up my sleeve... stay tuned.  Up next: pincushions and curtains!

No comments:

Post a Comment