Friday 10 August 2012

Dahlia Coaster Pattern

I recently crocheted some colorful coasters for a friend's bridal shower, and I thought I would share the pattern! Please note- this is the first pattern I have written, and may have lots of kinks in it. Let me know if you find any discrepancies. I don't know proper pattern writing etiquette, so I just made it sound like something I would read off a pattern! Enjoy!






UPDATE: I am doing a giveaway of one of my birds nest necklaces at 50 likes....so far only 12 away! Go to www.facebook.com/woodlandowl :)

Dahlia Coaster Pattern: 

Hook size: 4.5mm or 5.0mm (4.0 will do if you want a smaller and tighter coaster).
Gauge: Not required.

Notes: Unfinished DC: YO, insert hook, pull up a loop, YO, pull through 2 loops. Keep remaining loops on hook, and continue until the unfinished dc in petal. You may have more than 2 loops on your hook depending on how many unfinished DC you have already completed in your petal.

Basically, to make an unfinished DC, ignore the last (YO, pull through 2 loops) and leave the loops on the hook instead. To close it, YO, pull through all loops.


To begin: Make a magic circle, chain 1.

Row 1: 7 sc into magic circle, join with a slip stitch

Row 2: Ch3. (Make 2 unfinished DC, pulling through all loops at the end of the last unfinished DC) into the same stitch as slip stitch. Chain 3. *3 unfinished DC into the next stitch, pulling through all loops at the end of the 3 unfinished DC. Chain 3* Repeat * to * 6 more times. 8 petals total. End row with a slip stitch into the top of the first petal.

Row 3: Chain 3. (Make 2 unfinished DC, pulling through all loops at the end of the last unfinished DC) into the first chain 3 space. Chain 3. *3 unfinished DC into the same chain 3 space, pulling through all loops at the end of the 3 unfinished DC. Chain 3* Repeat * to * twice into each of the remaining chain 3 spaces. (16 petals total in this row, 2 in each chain 3 space). Slip stitch into the top of the first petal of this round.

Row 4: chain 2. 3 hdc in the first chain 3 space. 4 hdc into the remaining chain 3 spaces. Slip stitch at the top of the beginning chain 2.

Row 5: Sip stitch into each hdc, bind off. (This makes the coaster sturdy, nice and neat)








This pattern is for personal use only.  Please do not sell this pattern or items made from this pattern. Thank you :)

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting such a great pattern! Its easy to read, works up quickly and so prettily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nakia! I'm glad you enjoyed the pattern! :)

      Delete
  2. So cute! Thanks for sharing your pattern -- I just finished my first coaster, and can't wait to start on the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I hope you enjoy your coasters :)

      Delete
  3. Love this pattern- I've got a bit of a crochet coaster obsession at the moment- thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome! I'm glad you are enjoying it! :)

      Delete
  4. what kind of yarn are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bridgete! I'm using Loops & Threads Impeccable Solids, which is a worsted weight yarn :)

      Delete